The cars we offer are provided by Cape Town's finest car rental firm, Around About Cars.
Rental cars can be collected or delivered in every major city in South Africa.
Hired vehicles may be taken over the borders of Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique and Zimbabwe at the same daily rates (cross-border fees may apply).
Search all of our self drive tours & safaris here
A Broad Budget Car Hire Selection
We have a great selection of South African budget car hire options for you to choose from. These vehicles can be collected or dropped off at any major South African urban centre.
In order to get you the best rate possible we have negotiated rates with some of the top car hire companies in South Africa. In doing so we are able to offer you the following:
- Free delivery and collection at any of the major South African Airports.
- Pricing that due to our collective bargaining power will be almost impossible to beat! (A vehicle to suite your Budget!).
- We make use of only the latest models available.
- Different insurance cover options. Standard and super Cover Insurance comes with a low excess in case of theft or damage of the vehicles, for international clients there is an option with Super executive Cover Insurance where you fully insurance yourself against this excess. (0 Excess)!
- All our rates are fully inclusive which ensures that there are no hidden costs.
- 365 days of the year (24 hour round the clock) emergency service.
- The Cheapest one way fees if you want to drop off the vehicle at another centre in South Africa from the one you collected the vehicle from.
Our car rental agency has been recommended by the following publications:
- Rough Guide.
- Lonely Planet.
- Coast to Coast
A great selection of new vehicles, at the best budget rates possible, with unbeatable add on services!
Included in the rate
- Payment is only due by termination of the rental, except during the Christmas period.
- Please note that you have to produce your credit card, drivers licence and passport when receiving the rental-vehicle
- Free delivery and collection at all major airports
- Cell phone only on request & booked in advance /subject to availability
- Unlimited kilometers
- Airport delivery and drop off
- Theft insurance
- Collision damage waiver
- 14% VAT
- Tourism levy and airport surcharges
- Baby seats (if confirmed by booking)
- Some car groups have two additional drivers included in the price
- Personal accident insurance can be taken out
- 24 hour/7 days National Roadside Assistance
Additional Charges Depend Upon the Group Booked
- Refundable Deposit (Fuel & Extra's): depends upon the group booked
- Cell phone insurance cost R9.95 per day, free incoming calls, local calls are charged direct to your cell phone @ R 2,40 per minute, 50% off international calls, excess R700- R 1500
- Contract fee of R25 - R350 per rental
- Delivery and collection fees (During office hours)- 0-25 km's : R250 - R500, 35kms+ : Please enquire.
- After Hours & Weekend Delivery/Collection Fees- R500 - R1000 per Delivery/Collection
- One Way Drop Off: all major cities R 400-R 1200 Per One Way
- Young drivers surcharges of R150 a day (under 23)
- Excess (Executive Cover does not include acts of negligence, tyres, hub caps, windscreens and torn upholstery), theft if the car was parked in a unsuitable place, accidents on gravel roads, etc)
- Executive Cover Rates are for International Passport Holders only. For SA-Residents Standard or Super Cover applies.
- Claim and administration Fee: Maximum R1000
- Fine Handling Fee: R550
- Extension rates (if you extend your rental without approval)
- Baby-seats per rental: R300
- No Show Fee / Late Cancellation Fee on Vehicles : Depends upon group booked
The above charges are subject to change without notice
Cross Border Traveling
- Cross Border Fees vary from R500 to R2000
- Cross border fee for Mozambique: R1000
- A letter of authorization must be requested at the time of reservation
- Authorized countries are Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe(only certain car groups). Excess may change across borders
- One -way drop off fee to Windhoek: Possible with certain car groups
We offer the following insurance (excess waivers) with our vehicles for rental in and out of South Africa.
With all damages, theft or accidents to vehicles, an administration fee will apply.
Regardless of fault, the client will be liable for all damages to the vehicle as a result of a collision with a stationary object, pedestrian or animal.
Breach of Contract
All related and unrelated costs shall be borne by the Renter in the case of Breach of Contract. Some examples of Breach of Contract are:-
- Accident occurring after vehicle is due back
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Accident due to traffic violations
- Unauthorised drivers
- Damage to windows, tyres, rims, hubcaps, radios, upholstery, radios
- Accidents on gravel roads.
These are general terms for your information. For the terms that apply to specific car groups please click the terms and conditions link beneath the car details.