One of the best ways to explore the African bush up close is on a walking safari.
On foot you get to immerse yourself in nature and take in the details and beauty at a more relaxed pace. On Wildlife Walking Safaris you experience the thrill of face-to-face wildlife encounters on the ground!
Southern African Walking Safari - explore the African bush on foot
Our new 14-day Walking in Southern Africa Lodge Safari explores wilderness areas in South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe on guided bush walks.
This Southern African Lodge Safari offers a lot more than just walking, including:
- Game viewing walks in Klaserie Game Reserve, South Africa
- Bush walk in Northern Tuli Game Reserve, Botswana
- Bushman Walk in Central Kalahari desert, Botswana
- Okavango Delta dug-out canoe trip, Botswana
- Day & night game drives in the Khwai River area, Botswana
- Game viewing in the Private Imbabala Reserve, Zimbabwe
- Guided tour of the mighty Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Greater Kruger Park Walking Safaris - walk with Africa's wildlife
Kruger Walking Safari options include a 3-day, 4-day and 5-day option.
These Greater Kruger Walking Safaris take you on guided game walks with trained rangers in the Klaserie Private Game Reserve.
In addition to bush walks in the Big Five game reserve these walking safaris include:
- Thrilling night game drives in Greater Kruger Park
- Chalet accommodation in Klaserie Private Game Reserve
- Morning and afternoon game viewing drives in Greater Kruger
South African Walking Safaris - scenic and wild walks
13-day South Africa Walking Safari
Walk in wilderness of Kruger National Park, Swaziland, the St Lucia Wetlands area, the Battlefields of Kwazulu Natal and the scenic Drakensberg Mountains.
6-day Wild Coast Hiking or Cycling Adventure
Explore the remote and rugged Wild Coast region of South Africa on foot. An area untouched by mass tourism and renowned for its spectacular beauty and rich culture.
Hiking Safaris - for some serious walking and climbing
5-day Mount Kenya Hike
A scenic Hiking Tour up Mount Kenya, starting and ending in Nairobi, Kenya. An ideal short hiking trip or add on to any Safari in Kenya.
Hike up Kilimanjaro, Africa's tallest Mountain, and one of the world's Seven Summits. Choose from the most scenic, the easiest and the quietest routes.
Here's an overview of our African Walking Safaris.